: DOMDocument::loadHTML(): Unexpected end tag : span in Entity, line: 6 in /home/customer/www/xinova.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/uc/functions.php
on line 92
Smart Cities is a broad term encompassing investment by municipalities in data and technology that improves operational efficiency and delivers new services to its citizens. Xinova has identified Smart Cities as an excellent testbed for innovation and experimentation in the US, Europe, and Asia where low cost, technology-driven solutions have the potential to transform daily life. In addition to finding a partner for this scope of work, in requesting applications for this project, we aim to better understand the Smart Cities expertise in our network and to identify potential opportunities for Xinova and its network members to engage with current and future municipal partners.
Xinova is developing partnerships with mid-sized US cities for deployment of Smart Cities infrastructure to extend and improve municipal functions including police, utilities, and social services. As part of this effort, we are seeking individuals and companies in the Xinova network with specific expertise in data collection and analysis for municipal governments and other large, citizen-oriented organizations such as university campuses.
Specifically, we are looking for network members with experience in projects related to Smart Cities that include the following technologies and capabilities:
- Sensor Hardware – Definition of client requirements and creation of sensor application guidelines, hardware recommendations, architectural analysis and implementation of a roadmap to deliver value from existing assets, and acquisition of new sensor systems and other data-collection assets. Expertise should preferably be applicable across a broad array of sensor technologies.
- Messaging/Integration Bus Analysis – Design of system architecture and implementation of a messaging and integration infrastructure in support of enhancing, augmenting and extending useful life of existing data-collection assets, and introduction of newly acquired assets to improve this infrastructure.
- Analytics including AI and Machine Learning Analysis – Development of algorithms to analyze and interpret urban data sources, including protection of the privacy of information that can be directly tied to citizens.
- Business/Strategy Models – Experience with definition of government requirements and navigating the political reality of mid-sized cities, especially including business and strategy consulting services to map out a change analysis roadmap and plan that builds leadership, stakeholder, partner and community engagement to support and sustain user adoption.
- Utility Savings – Narrow expertise in the use of data to identify opportunities in utility savings for urban areas. This includes water, sewer, electricity, waste, and other various forms of utility that a city might offer its citizens. If you or your company has applicable technical or business expertise, please make yourselves known to us by filling out the linked form and forwarding your resume or relevant company descriptions. We will be hiring one advisor as a consultant for an ongoing project in sensor network deployment, and we intend to contact interested innovators for other opportunities as they arise.
This opportunity comes from the efforts of Xinova’s R&D Consulting and Innovation team.
Are you up for the challenge?
Sign up today to see all our Innovation Opportunities.